Monday, March 1, 2010

Tick Tock

Jake and I headed to Owensboro last weekend for a wonderful wedding shower. It was hosted by the Tuesday Night Dinner Gang and the food and festivities were fabulous. They know I'm a sucker for cake and made the most delicious mini cupcakes in exotic flavors - grapefruit, mocha, caramel and sour cream. Yum!

Here we are opening Grandpa Hundley's gift:


It was a "round the clock" shower and guests were assigned a time of day to bring an appropriate gift. Some people got really creative, and there were some fun ideas: beer and movies at midnight, tumblers for a drink on the porch at 4, a popcorn bowl for 8. Jake even got a monogrammed apron! We are so thankful for everyone's generosity and can't wait to put all the dishes and bowls and pans and towels and glasses to good use.


The ticking clock also makes me think how close the wedding is getting! We're almost under 100 days. We're headed to Japan in two weeks, and I think as soon as I get back, I will blink and be headed down the aisle. It can't come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment