Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Best Part of Any Wedding

The cake of course! Jake had two dozen (that's 24!) cupcakes delivered to the office on Friday to celebrate my birthday, and I'm not sure I've ever been more excited. Although I really just wanted to bury my face in them, I shared with coworkers and even put leftovers in the freezer (the gift that keeps on giving!)

Cake is my absolute favorite food (and yes, I consider it a food), and wedding cake is the absolute epitome of cake. Needless to say, our wedding cake is going to be fantastically delicious. I don't want to reveal everything, but we found a fabulous new bakery in Danville that was excited to take on my great expectations - The Twisted Sifter. They have supremely moist cake and we picked out perfectly summery flavors - classic white cake with fresh strawberries, lemon cake with blueberry filling and a deliciously festive champagne cake. Jake's groom's cake will be a very manly bourbon chocolate.

The only downside is that due our outdoor wedding in June, the cake will have to be covered in fondant. I was given the choice between a little fondant to peel back or a cake that had melted onto the floor, and there really was no choice. But the Twisted Sifter fondant is a special marshmallow fondant, and it really is quite good.

Let us eat cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment