Saturday, May 9, 2009

About Leslie

Jake covered my high school and college years, so I'll just fill you in on what I've been up to since graduation last year. I'm working in the Office of News and Public Affairs at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville. The office handles all the media requests at the medical center and puts out press releases, a weekly newspaper and six different magazines. I spend most of my days doing interviews and writing articles for those publications. I also write a lot for the Children's Hospital website, including patient profiles and health tips. I've even produced a video or two.

I never imagined that I would like writing so much, but there is never a lack of interesting stories coming out of Vanderbilt. Here are a few of my favorites:

Man of Many Facets (be sure to watch his music video!)
And for my other stab at blogging, check out Joseline from Guatemala.

When I'm not working, I like to read, bake and water ski. I've played cello since age 4, and I still pick it up about once a month. I played golf in high school, and I'm hoping to get good again once the weather clears up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment