Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Paper Trail

There are some really ugly wedding invitations out there. I have always loved stationary, so I'm especially excited about picking out wedding invitations. But I've been a bit horrified by what I've seen so far. 

I'll be the first to admit that my style is not typical of most brides-to-be. I don't want ribbons, I don't want monograms, I don't want anything embossed or engraved. I basically don't want anything that screams "wedding!" Yet, practically every invitation has ribbons or monograms or - worse yet - hearts, doves, intertwined rings and cartoon brides and grooms.

And then there are the invitations only a very certain bride could love:


"Buck and Doe"



"Riding High on Love"


"Wanted!"

2 comments:

  1. Invitations! My favorite so far is http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/. They're not overall too awful. I've also been thinking of having a printmaker friend print them for us. That way we can pick our own design.
    Also, are you planning on matching your invites to the color scheme at the wedding?


    I loooooove the wedding blog! Expect way too many comments from me over the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This is the best post. Trust me, as a planner I have at least 5 books filled with these type of invitations. You should see their holiday offerings if you really want to see tacky!

    I agree with Gulu...weddingpaperdivas is one of the best and a great price. I also like browsing etsy for great designs.

    Thanks for sharing your blog with me!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete